Friday, July 30, 2010

STATE CARS, AND SUGAR IN GAS TANKS

I was surprised at the number of cars driven by the Highway Department (2,385)--more cars than there are people in many of the small towns in Arkansas. I have no opinion about these cars and the taxes paid on them, but it does remind me of the first car I bought for myself. It had been a state car, and served me well until I bought my first new one.

It was a small Buick. I was driving it to Colorado for vacation and went through XXX (a town that will remain nameless) where I had to buy gas. It was soon after an awful crime there that had been reported widely, and nosy me, I asked the attendant about it. Well, apparently so many people did this that the locals were sick of it. THE ATTENDANT PUT SUGAR IN MY GAS TANK, and I had to leave my car in the next town for repairs. So much for getting to drive my new Buick on vacation! ------- Hope nobody ever puts sugar in your car's gas tank----Marian

No comments:

Post a Comment