Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Beginning--or Setting the Stage

When we got to our nineties, we realized that we needed a little more help, but to make the change, we had to find a retirement home, move, have an estate sale, sell our house and my car. By luck, hard work and lots of help, we did all of this in one month's time.

We have three rooms and a kitchen in our cottage, and by taking two sofa beds, and furniture with drawers and shelves, we were able to take the things we thought we needed, and have places for at least four overnight guests. No small accomplishment!!!! I'll admit that we forgot some important things: my own favorite oil painting, and a can opener, to name a couple. We also had to buy four small chest pieces so that we could have more drawer space. We were all in, with a place for everything we brought,and all our pictures and favorite art work up within a week.

Since being here, we have entertained overnight guests twice for a total of seven nights, had members of two of my clubs for their monthly meeting, and many drop-ins. From now on, I shall try to tell about life in our new circumstances.

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to mention that Joe and I were one set of overnight guests...

    We think your new place is terrific! I'm looking forward to following your adventures through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You daughter Annie is my teacher for Printmaking and I think that if she is anything like you are, you must be a tremendously amazing person!! I love that you are doing a blog and I look forward to hearing your stories...I am inspired by you doing this.

    Best regards, Traci Durfee

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you see this, it means that I figured out how to sign on as a "follower" of the blog. It's easy: Just click "Follow this blog" on the right edge of the page. You'll be invited to sign in using your Google account.

    Don't have a Google account? Well, maybe you do, if you have been using gmail, or Picasa, or a Droid phone. Otherwise it must be easy to set one up, but I can't help with that.

    ReplyDelete