Monday, April 26, 2010

The Saga of the Cheese Sandwich

The menu for our 8 guests and Bob and me consisted of toasted cheese sandwiches, fruit mixed with whip cream, cookies, dill pickles and M & Ms. But there is a story about the sandwiches.

The group was the art group from Bismarck that ate together each Saturday, then went to Joan's Gallery for show and tell about the art we'd been involved with during the week. Kay and I would order cheese sandwiches, but we always gave the poor waitress lots of instructions about how they should be made. This became quite a famous order among us, even to the extent that Barb (1) make a beautiful, melty-down-the-sides cheese sandwich, (2) took a picture of it (3) had all the members of the group sign the mat when she (4) had framed it, than gave it to me for my 90th birthday!!!! You can believe that it is now on my wall above the computer, and is one of my prized possessions! Long story, wasn't it? But a good one!!! And you can see why the menu included cheese sandwiches!

Several brought BEAUTIFUL flowers from their own gardens. We have nothing in bloom, so it was a great pleasure to see all of the azaleas, irises, roses, in several different colors in the bouquets that they brought. It reminded me that Saturday is May lst----Spring is just getting away too fast. Did you have some fun today? We did----Marian

No comments:

Post a Comment