Friday, April 30, 2010

----IT"S GOING TO BE A HUM_DRUM DAY-------

We're late today: it's almost lunch time, time to go to the dining hall. Bob spent three hours shopping yesterday, and was gone so long that I was about ready to call the emergency room! He's still tired. Guess we'll start ordering the staples from Amazon--at least he wouldn't have to carry the heavy stuff in. Might try that.

One of the perks connected with interviewing the residents as I am doing, is finding out about things I would not have had I not visited with them. Now I am reading a book written by the husband (now dead) of one interviewee. He was a prisoner of war in a German war camp for over a year, a squadron leader in the Air Force shot down after successfully flying 19 missions. I'm finding it very interesting and very horrifying. I do not understand "man's inhumanity to man!"

It's Friday, our favorite TV Night: Bill Moyers is a special favorite of ours, but sadly, this is his last night doing his Journal. He is retiring. The political world will truly miss him. Have fun today, Marian

No comments:

Post a Comment