Thursday, April 29, 2010

OUR FUN DAY

Oh, we DID have a fun day yesterday! We went to the Little Rock Dinner Theater for lunch and a matinee performance of CHRISTMAS BELLES, a beautifully done comedy that really was a laugh a second. Sixteen people and two drivers went from here. I hope we are in the position to venture a trip such as this again.

I interviewed a sweet lady here who told me her story about being a fire warden during WWII. She had interesting things to tell about it which I wrote up, but somebody else told me that she had also met the Queen of England (Elizabeth's Mother). About this time, my sweet friend walked up, and I asked her ," why in the world didn't you tell me about this?" She said that she just didn't think about it!!!!!!!

Anyway, her report was that the fire wardens were told to brush the sand off themselves, line up for presentation to Her Highness who, as she passed down the line, just happened to ask my friend if she had eaten, and what had she had. Just at that time, someone snapped a picture of the two of them and gave it to the fire warden. My friend says that she was very impressed with the perfection and beauty in the way the Queen was dressed, but just hadn't thought to include the meeting among the interesting things of her life!

Have some fun today--Marian

No comments:

Post a Comment