Friday, August 6, 2010

DECKS OF CARDS

One of the commenters to the blog about playing solitaire which mentioned that l6 of us use to play at a time, asked if we had to have a deck of cards each when we played. And indeed we did. We must have had 20 or 30 old decks around for use in the game. It didn't really matter if they were missisng a card--in fact it helped us to find out who won the game, as we added up the cards left in our hands, and the player with the least cards was the winner.

The cards were also used to build towns by making cards stand on their sides and hold a top one. This was a building, and many more made a city. I've seen "towns" that covered the entire living room floor. And it wasn't too many years ago that Walt and Ann came home for a visit, and built a city of cards. ( Granddaughter Susan helped in this venture.) Walt had even brought some little cars which gave even more reality to their buildings. I have pictures to prove all of this-----So save your old card decks: they have GREAT value-----Marian

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Marian. I has been a long time since I've seen or built a house of cards. My grades are in and I have a few days off. I still enjoy teaching but am in need of a couple of days. Bob and I have his kids this weekend.

    jim

    ReplyDelete