Tuesday, August 3, 2010

SOCIAL SOLITAIRE

We learned to play social solitaire ( throw all aces into the middle of the table, and everyone one plays on any ace as they can) at our Father's knee, so to speak. He would hold the youngest child on his lap until the child could play on his own, then take on the next youngest. We had lots of rules: no singing, no standing up, no play from anyone if and when Dad had to go to the phone, etc. We played often and many, many times through the years. I can remember as many as 16 in one game (did we all stand up for those in order to get all of us around the table? I don't remember.), and friends, and neighbors often joined in.

Bob and I still play solitaire after the morning and evening meals---keeping up the tradition, I guess. What family game do you remember? Marian ps Did you know that Zsa Zsa Gabor is 93 years old, and been married 9 times? Wow!!

2 comments:

  1. Rummy. Strictly a 2-person game with my dad. Social solitaire sounds fun! I wonder how many decks you used for a crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zsa Zsa has had quite a life, hasn't she? There has been a funny movie out called, "The Invention of Lying." In a marriage scene, the bride and groom promise to be faithful "for as long as I feel like it".....ha! Did Zsa Zsa follow that creed for her marriages? Well, something worked--she's 93 after all!

    ReplyDelete