Friday, August 20, 2010

THE ROUTINE

By now we seem to have established a routine (rut?) to our days. Up around 6am to read the papers and do crosswords; decide whether we will or will not do our exercises (too many nots) at 8am; Bob's wonderful breakfast followed by 6 games of solitaire each; by now it's time to do dishes, pick up and make the bed; answer the daily wrong number; and now dress as it's lunch time and we must be ready to eat. Mail comes at noon, so we come home to read and throw it away, and by now, the afternoon is ours. We read. Then at news time (5pm) we listen to 1 and 1/2 hours of news. Time to eat again, and since we belong to Netflex, we watch a movie. By gum, it's now bed time again. A few breaks in the days are: a call from Ann on Friday plus a good visit from Mary Jo and Ken, and on Monday we participate in the Kitchen Band (don't ask)About every two weeks we go to our various appointments in Arkadelphia and have lunch with friends. My goodness, I'm sleepy--or am I bored? Have you checked your routine lately? Marian

4 comments:

  1. Okay, who is going to video the Kitchen Band and upload it to YouTube? (Kidding, mostly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see! What do you play? Why can't I ask??? What does Bob play???
    Oh come on--what a tease you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She not only plays, she lip sincs! Who do we know with a video camera who'll then load it onto YouTube? Jim????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a full life to me. I'm up about six thirty - oatmeal for breakfast - go to HSU work - do office hours - class at ten and 11 lunch class at 1 office hours then home and supper - then do it again - Bobs children one weekend and class the other. I kind of like my rut.

    I am having trouble getting the yard work done.

    ReplyDelete