Saturday, June 19, 2010

CROSSWORD PUZZLES , ANOTHER SALT SOLUTION & PENCILS

Well today I ate cereal for breakfast--no salt. The only thing I can think of that might have been positive is that I didn't have to wash the skillet when I did the dishes.

We, Bob and I, are crossword puzzles doers. We have three in our papers each morning: two in the Gazette, and one in the Hot Springs paper , which, incidentally, is the easiest of the three. I start them, and when I'm through struggling, I give them to Bob who then can finish them in what seems like two seconds. Bob's smarter than I am---at least I'll admit it when it comes to cross word puzzles. Oh yes, and at spelling too.

My best luck with these puzzles comes when I use a sharp pencil that writes very black. The one I like best is an electronic scorer made by Berol. BUT they no longer make them. I had a package of them on hand at that time, thank heaven, but have given several away as Christmas presents. I made a mistake and brought the one and only stub end that was all Janet had left of one I gave her, home from Kansas with me. She noticed right away, and wants it back. I have one that is an inch longer that I'll send her---the inch being an apology for taking her precious crossword pencil!

No comments:

Post a Comment