Wednesday, June 16, 2010

SALT

I'm not supposed to eat salt, and it's almost a fate worse than death. I've cut myself down to no salt except on my egg-on-toast breakfast. Just can't do it. So we've been trying substitutes. There are two Morton salt subs: a real substitute that is bitter to my taste, and a half salt that is OK if I use double the amount. But out in Kansas on a visit to a new Amish Community my daughter bought some salt for me that they said was much less dangerous. Ann looked it up and found that it comes from very deep seas, and is good because it doesn't have the flotsam & jetsom in it found higher in the oceans. Well, I just want to report that I have to use double of it also in order to get any taste on my egg. Does anyone know a solution of how I can eat salt without eating salt? It just might save my life--I KNOW it will save my sanity! Waiting to hear---Marian

3 comments:

  1. Funny! Half salt is ok if you use double the amount! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Annie...that is a funny statement! Try Mrs. Dash....it's a blend of many seasonings (but no salt!) and is so flavourful I think you would get your tastebuds satisfied. I add it to almost everything I cook, including eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YFN - Your Favorite Niece, KarynJune 17, 2010 at 7:57 AM

    I follow in my dear aunt Marian's footsteps - addicted to salt! Can't imagine life without it! On a recent trip back to Sicily, the number one location I wanted to return to was the salt fields on the western coast. LOVE LOVE LOVE salt.

    I've never found a substitute, Marian. (This wasn't a bit of help, was it?)

    ReplyDelete