Saturday, June 26, 2010

WEEKENDS

Here it is a weekend again---probably the most significant time of the week. I taught school most of my professional life, and my weekends were so eagerly awaited. Was it because of "no work"? No, because I had to clean house and do my planning for the next week's teaching . I really and truly enjoyed teaching and my students,but still counted the days until Friday was over. But the point of this is that having been retired for 30 years, that old feeling about weekends hangs on. Even when every two days is a weekend after retirement, the feeling of joy for the real Saturday and Sunday hangs on. I still look forward to the end of the week Now explain that! However, it's probably a universal feeling, don't you think? Enjoy, Marian

1 comment:

  1. Now that I use a computer to plan and grade sometimes it seems that the only difference is that there is no one interrupting me as I grade and plan,oh and the chair is more comfortable I only have 9 students in my tech class this term so I've kept up on grading. I'm working on a final to give on Thursday. Then Decoration Day and back to teach Ed Psych.

    But I guess we all look forward to the weekend Jews, Christians and Muslims celebrate their holy days Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

    ReplyDelete