Friday, June 25, 2010

EXERCISE & A GOOD BOOK

Bob and I have started an exercise regimen, and have been at it for 3 days now. It's the kind of tape where we in our 90's work with a chair--sit and rise our legs , one at a time , 15 times, and even stand on our toes 15 times. Many more such movements are designed to stretch every muscle. I find I haven't stretched a few of mine in a long time. We lasted about 25 minutes today before "falling out". The tape uses weights for some of the movements, and we are going to get some IF we hold out and exercise at least 5 more times. I'm sure each of us KNOWS that this is helpful, and really necessary to some future comfort in navigating. BUT they are SOOOO boring!!!!

Am reading at THE EDITH WHARTON READER, a book of excerpts from all her writings. The people in the late 1800's had such different manners and standards than do we, that I find what I'm reading is fascinating. Money counts more, or maybe I just don't recognize how much it counts in the early 2000's. Any way, it's good reading for a 90 degree weather day when one has all the daily chores done. My advice? Chose a sedentary activity today-----Marian

No comments:

Post a Comment