Monday, June 28, 2010

OUR WEDDING

There was a story about Chelsea Clinton's coming wedding in the paper, and it reminded me of Bob's and my wedding, forty years ago next month. I remember that the preacher said something about "the young -----pause---in heart" couple. Then as we were leaving, Bob's grandson yelled out ""Grandpa"---. Bob and I went off to play a couple of days of golf, and came back to pick up Ann, Walter and a couple of their friends for the second half of our honeymoon, only to have this action mentioned in the story of our wedding in the paper as "and the GROUP returned from their honeymoon----", literally true, but funny anyway. Yes, forty years ago. Hope Chelsea and her new husband will be as happy as we have been--------Remember your big day? Take care, Marian

3 comments:

  1. It is today? Your anniversary? Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wait! I didn't read your post right--it is NEXT MONTH! Well, Happy Anniversary a bit early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the day we returned to Charleston for that spectacular event. Hard to believe the children are adults and have children of their own. Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete