Thursday, May 13, 2010

THE BREAD STORY

The bread story: My Mother had alzheimer's for the last ten years of her life, and lost sight of who she was, where she was, and what she'd been. And that was a very busy lady, Mother of three children, and a great bread maker. We all inherited her receipe, and I think each of us keeps our family supplied with plenty of Mother's bread. Well, once when Ann was visiting with her, she complained about never having contributed anything to the world. Ann immediately contradicted her and said, "Oh but Grandmother, you always made LOTS of bread!" "Oh," answered Mother immediately, "I never made a loaf of bread in my life!!!!"

So now every so often Ann calls me on the phone and asks me, "Have you made bread lately?" Well, I wonder what she's trying to assess? HMMMMMM And I think of this story every time I make bread!

Are you ready to take it easy today, and have some fun? Hope so. Marian

2 comments:

  1. Would it be a mistake to post the recipe in the comment section? Probably better to wait till someone asks for it. It isn't that remarkable a recipe, at least in the hands of someone like me who doesn't understand Crisco. But it's REAL BREAD, like MY GRANDMOTHER MADE, so it's much better than anything from a store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I speak Crisco! May I have the recipe, please?

    ReplyDelete