Sunday, May 9, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY

It's Mother's Day--often maudlin, but more often a time to contemplate the importance of Mothers. The day bothered my Mother, and we would walk home from Church after Sunday School as she didn't want to hear a sermon on the meaning of the day. Her Mother died when my Mother was just 14 years old, and perhaps she knew that she was missing something. But perhaps again, she might have thought everything was just too sentimental.

I know that having Walter and Ann has been the most important venture of my life. Being with them as they grew to maturity was the most important thing that ever happened to me. They are fine people, and do contribute to the world in their own ways and both make it a better place to be. Now having said that, I must say that they'd better not read this---they'll think that I'm the one being sentimental.

Well, tomorrow is another day, and there will be another 374 days until the next Mother's Day----Enjoy your memories today, Marian

4 comments:

  1. HOW many more days until the next Mother's Day???
    Love, Your fine daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day!! Thank you very much for writing your Blog. I think it is just wonderful as are you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent the day gardening and happy about it. We shall have a variety of tomatoes and peppers if they all make it and one squash plant. Many herbs in pots, too--I just love herbs! Beautiful, cool, crisp day here. Wish you a very Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe and I went out to dinner in your honor. Sure wish we could have had dinner with you! XXOO.

    ReplyDelete