Tuesday, May 18, 2010

THE SAGA OF THE PILLOWS

I am going to write about getting the right pillows for the living room sofa bed. Bob and I took our time yesterday for a little shopping trip to get just the right pillows before our next guests arrive. But Walmart didn't have an empty go-cart for me to ride, so I waited for Bob to check out what they had. Shortly, he came back and reported that there were no appropriate pillows. So we went to Penny's. We parked in back thinking there would be a shorter walk from that door to the pillow department, but we got no further than the return desk. Well, the little girl asked if she could help us in our exhausted state, and we told her that she surely could be doing our shopping. "WHY OF COURSE," she said, "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" And that lovely young thing went around to the pillow department and brought back three pillows just like we wanted. BUT not being able to remember the color we were trying to match, we sent her back for some darker blue ones. She found them, we bought them, and brought them home. But no, the first one she had brought would have been better. We slept on it, and then " bless-his-heart-Bob" took them back this morning and got the first ones. They are perfect! Oh, and I forgot to say that some nice lady carried the pillow packages out to the car for me. Moral of the story: "shopping in your nineties just ain't so hot, but there are nice people in the world one might not know otherwise. " Fun? What's "fun"? Marian

2 comments:

  1. Although I'm sure you miss your stamina, that you met up with good people was a plus. Yay for you and yay for your "shopping helpers!"
    Also, I think those go-carts are terrific and I've seen you drive expertly through the tiniest of aisles.

    And now, you've got some great new pillows. XXOO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shopping is a pain in the neck no matter what the age...but I'm really glad you had very nice people to help you out, that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete